24 HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Everyone likes a safety net. With AWN Roadside Assistance, you can have the peace of mind that comes with a comprehensive 24 hour / 7 days a week Roadside Assistance program. These services are provided by Australia Wide Assist (ABN 93 061 656 184).
Our roadside assistance program provides access to the following services. Some services are provided on a fee for service arrangement (as noted below).
• Flat Battery - Jump start Motor Vehicle.
• Flat Tyre - Replace flat with spare.
• Out of Fuel - Supply minimum of 5 litres (unleaded) fuel to be paid for by driver. LPG/Diesel Motor Vehicles transport to fuel supply.
• Lock Outs - Access Motor Vehicle/replace key (up to $77.00 per case). (Specialist locksmith attendance may involve extra charge to driver).
• Towing/Breakdown - If Your Motor Vehicle is unable to be quickly mechanically repaired or safely driven, the Motor Vehicle, including the driver, will be transported to a nominated
service centre or mechanical repair facility. If after hours, arrangements can be made to store the Motor Vehicle and transport when the service centre or repair facility is open. Excess
kilometres charged at the recommended industry rates.
Standard Tow Cover - 20km Free Metropolitan or 50km Free Rural Service Radius | Platinum Extra Tow Cover - 50km Free Service Radius
Once a service agent has been dispatched for a breakdown, if any additional service agents are required to assist with the breakdown the additional service will be provided at
the customers expense and payable at time of service. In addition where a vehicle has been towed after hours to the customers home, holding yard or other place of safety and
subsequently requires further towing for the same breakdown, this service will be provided at the customers expense and payable at time of service.
• General Assistance - We will relay urgent messages to family, friends and business associates, likely to be concerned by disruption or delay. We will also arrange for alternative
transport in the case of a major breakdown or accident ie. taxi (cost at drivers expense).
PLATINUM EXTRAS - AVAILABLE AT EXTRA COST
• Car Hire - In the event of a major mechanical failure, whilst more than 100km from your registered residence, which sidelines your Motor Vehicle for longer than 48 hours, excluding
weekends and public holidays, we will assist with reasonable necessary car rental costs (excluding fuel, kilometre charges, administration charges, credit card charges, premium
location surcharges, VRRF, rental insurance, toll charges, excess reduction, and one way drop off/collection fees).
On submission of the account, (excluding fuel, kilometre charges, administration charges, credit card charges, premium location surcharges, VRRF, rental insurance, toll
charges, excess reduction, and one way drop off/collection fees) together with a copy of the repair bill, we will cover up to $200.00 per claim.
• Accommodation - In the event of a major mechanical failure, whilst more than 100km from your registered residence, which sidelines your Motor Vehicle for longer than 48 hours,
excluding weekends and public holidays, we will assist with reasonable necessary emergency accommodation costs (excluding meals).
On submission of the account together with a copy of the repair and accommodation bill, we will cover up to $200.00 per claim.
• Ambulance Cover - In the event of an accident where the registered Motor Vehicle is involved, and the driver or immediate family of the driver (ie. Wife/Husband, Sons/Daughters)
require the services of an ambulance as a result of that accident, we will assist with ambulance costs.
On submission of the account together with a copy of the ambulance bill, we will cover up to $200.00 per claim. (N.B. Liability not to exceed $200 per registration period).
All claims must be submitted within 21 days of occurrence to: Claims Manager, PO BOX 10123, Adelaide BC, SA 5000 AUS, or Email: email@example.com
LIMITS AND EXCLUSIONS
Free service will only be provided on private property or on public roads which are accessible by normal two-wheel drive vehicles. Call Outs will not be provided where vehicles are “off-road”
(including but not limited to where the vehicle is located on forestry or logging tracks, creek beds, beaches or mountains).
Service can be refused or excess charges may apply in the following situations:
• Vehicles used for hire or reward including rental and loan cars.
• Vehicles operated by Non-Australian residents
• Vehicles already at a repairer.
• Vehicles that require specialist or heavy equipment for removal, extraction from multi-storey or underground car parks, are bogged or are not within easy reach of a public road.
• Vehicles which have been involved in an accident/collision or have sustained damage due to impact, malicious or criminal damage and/or flood damage.
• Heavy vehicles, trucks and equipment over 3.5t gross weight.
• Ferry/barge costs, freight costs, including tolls and sea crossings.
• AWA will not be liable for increased/additional costs and expenses as a result of a breakdown in a remote location.
• Service may be refused for unregistered vehicles and vehicles that are not roadworthy or that have been modified from manufacturers specifications i.e. excessively lowered, modified for racing/4wd tracks.
• Repeated/excessive call outs due to driver related faults, vehicle neglect or abuse, as reasonably determined by AWA or its contractor, including pre-existing faults and faults/breakdowns caused by a non-authorised repairer.
• AWA at its discretion may refuse service or suspend/cancel a driver’s membership if they are deemed abusive, threatening or violent towards AWA staff or its contractor, or attempts to receive service by deception.
• In the event that a driver requests their vehicle be broken into, whether to recover keys/belongings, AWA or its contractors will not accept responsibility or liability for damage that may occur as a result.
• There may be instances, in remote/rural areas, where a provider is not available to assist with a breakdown or roadside assist request. In these rare instances the driver will be required to arrange their own rescue at their own cost.
Note: Cover does not commence for 2 business days from the application date and payment has been received by AWN. Any callouts within this period will be a user pays service.